Sam's Exotic Travels: Japan, Land of the Rising Sun
We did a tour group to Hokkaido Province - which is the northern-most province in December 2003. My Japan albums includes places visited on this trip. Since the tour guide only spoke Cantonese, I didn't get as much from the trip as I wanted to, but I did get some great photo ops, as the sky was beautiful most days.
I did a tour group to Hokkaido Province - which is the northern-most province in December 2003. My Japan albums includes places visited on this trip. Since the tour guide only spoke Cantonese, I didn't get as much from the trip as I wanted to, but I did get some great photo ops, as the sky was beautiful most days.
My Japanese exotic travel photos include:
- Hokodate - night view of coastal city, taken from cable car.
- Lake Toya - To me, this was the most beautiful place we visited on the trip. I took a lot of pictures at and before sunrise, but to me they don't do justice to the beauty I saw.
- Otaru - coastal city, and favorite spot for Japanese movies, or so I was told, particularly by the river.
- Sapporo - Hokkaido's largest city, which was home to the 1986 Winter Olympics. Photos include the Olympic ski jump, pictures of the skyline from the mountain and downtown at night.
- Shikotsu-Toya Park and Coast - The park includes a hot sulpher spring and many walking trails (which we didn't take). The coastal pictures were taken at a restaurant where we stopped for lunch.
- Other photos from Hokkaido - including some great (I think) snow scenes on our snowboarding outing and ski resort.
Why not bookmark this site - and when you finish your tour, please sign the guest book and let me know what you think. If you like my site, I would also appreciate it if you would share it with your friends who also like travel and/or photography by clicking on the link below.
Please note that all photographs and text appearing on this site are the exclusive intellectual property of Sam Stearman. No images are within the Public Domain, and no image use is permitted without the written prior authorization of the copyright owner. If you see any pictures you would like to buy, all the thousands of pictures on this site are available in high resolution digital format, suitable for framing, use in magazines or advertising. Email me if you would like to know more.